In January 1937, Yamada Manufacturing as a sole proprietorship started a business of manufacturing drill chucks at Shibashirokaneshida-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo. In February 1946, the factory was moved to Kiryu-shi, Gunma and established as Yamada Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
The history of Yamada group after the establishment is as follows.
|Feb. 1946||The Company's factory was transferred to the city of Kiryu in Gunma Prefecture and YAMADA MANUFACTURING CO.,LTD. was established as a limited liability company.|
|Feb. 1958||Manufacturing of jigs and tools and motorcycle parts for Honda Motor Co., Ltd. commenced.|
|Sept. 1961||New buildings were constructed for the Head Office and Head Office Factory (now the Kiryu Department) in Kiryu, Gunma Prefecture.|
|Oct. 1963||The Suzuka Branch Office opened to strengthen business contact with Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and to expand business.|
|Nov. 1964||The Hamamatsu Branch Office opened to strengthen business contact with Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and to expand business.|
|June 1966||An automobile division was established and production of steering gearboxes and oil pump assemblies began.|
|Dec. 1979||The Company's organizational structure was changed from a limited liability company to a joint stock company with ¥40 million in capital.|
|July 1980||The Industrial Machinery Factory (now the Engineering Department) was established in the Head Office and the technology research center was transferred.|
|Oct. 1981||The Kumamoto Factory (former Kumamoto department) was established as a factory for motorcycle parts in the village of Kyokushi, Kumamoto Prefecture (now the city of Kikuchi).|
|July 1984||Honda Motor Co., Ltd. acquired capital in YAMADA MANUFACTURING CO.,LTD.|
|Oct. 1984||Kobayashi Factory (now the Isesaki Department) was established as a factory for pump-related products in the town of Akabori, Gunma Prefecture (now the city of Isesaki).|
|Feb. 1988||Stock ownership of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. in YAMADA MANUFACTURING CO.,LTD. was increased to 20% (an affiliated company) through allocation of new shares to a third party.|
|Mar. 1988||Yotec, Inc. (now YAMADA North America, Inc.) was established in South Charleston, Ohio, U.S.A.|
|Nov. 1994||Joint venture YAMADA SOMBOON Co., Ltd. was established in Rayong Province, Thailand.|
|Feb. 1995||Capital was acquired in Italy's Costruzione Italiana Apparecchi Precisione S.p.A. (C.I.A.P.)|
|Nov. 1996||Yamada Europe Co., Ltd. was established in Wales, U.K.|
|Oct. 2002||Chengdu Tianxing Yamada Auto Parts Co., Ltd. was made a consolidated subsidiary through an increase of capital.|
|Apr. 2004||A new technology research center building was completed in Akabori, Gunma Prefecture (now the city of Isesaki).|
|Apr. 2006||YAMADA R&D CHINA, Co., Ltd. was established in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China.
Stock ownership of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. in YAMADA MANUFACTURING CO.,LTD. was increased to 33.4% (an affiliated company) through allocation of new shares to a third party.
|May 2011||The technology research center building was enlarged and head office functions were transferred from Kiryu. The technology research center building's name was changed to the Isesaki Head Office.|
|May 2015||Due to restructuring of the domestic production sites, The Kumamoto department was closed.|
|Apr. 2015||The Kumamoto Branch Office opened to strengthen business contact with Honda Motor Co., Ltd. and to expand business.|
|Mar. 2016||Yamada Europe Co., Ltd. was liquidated.|